PRODUCT FOCUS by CUMSA
There are 4 vacuum devices (all work with compressed air 6 bar (90 psi)) :
SV - Smart Vacuumjet: Is the most complete unit. This device can perform two functions: vacuum and blowing. It is equivalent to the VJ+VM+VB put together. Vacuum can be done through Vacuum Valves (VV), gas outlets, ejectors, Laminar Vents (LV), Double Valves (VD); and blowing mainly done through the LV and VD.
VB - Double Action Vacuumjet: This unit can also perform two functions: vacuum and blowing. It requires two air inlets, one for each function, and has a single outlet. This unit is intended for use with the Laminar Vents (LV). Double valves (VD) can also be used, depending on the space available and part geometry.
VJ - Vacuumjet Unit: Generates vacuum mainly through Vacuum Valves (VV). This device can be used in conjunction with the VM, as it helps to manage the opening and closing of the electro-valves.
VG - Vacuumjet+: Generates vacuum through gas outlets and ejectors.
VM - Vacuum Control: This unit allows to control the vacuum level in the cavity.
Should be combined with the VJ or VG.
MAIN ADVANTAGES: In the injection process:
• Improves the injection parameters. • Reduction of injection pressure. • Lower injection temperature. • Consistent filling of the part. • Significant energy savings. • Improved production.
On the plastic part:
• Higher quality finished parts.
• Greater mechanical strength and dimensional stability.
• Less air bubbles.
• Color uniformity.
• Decrease in sink marks.
• Remove the weld lines and diesel effect.
For any vacuum application it is VERY important to seal the mold:
• Always seal the parting line with the JV - Vacuum seal (available in diameter 3mm and 5mm). Please follow the installation guidelines for sealing pocket.
• If possible, seal between plates as well.
• Seal all ejectors and lifters, whenever possible, with the Bushings (CV).